This position is responsible for leading a crew of trim carpenters on the quality completion of door and trim installation of new residential homes and is held accountable for the tasks delegated to them by the Superintendent or General Superintendent.
- Effectively communicate job requirements, expectations, and job location to their crew to ensure jobs are completed in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Provide any training necessary to complete tasks and patiently advise and mentor inexperienced carpenters.
- Record hours and track the jobs their crew members worked on reporting the timecards on a weekly basis.
- Keep Superintendent and General Superintendent informed of progress, issues, etc. and devise solutions to unexpected problems.
- Always promote and carry out DSI’s values of quality, productivity, and safety.
- Address issues with crew members promptly and report rule violations immediately to Superintendent or General Superintendent.
- Demonstrate and maintain a safe work environment by instructing crews how to use tools and equipment, how to handle materials, and what safety equipment is necessary when performing tasks.
- Other duties as necessary.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum one-year experience in the construction industry.
- Must be able to pass a Motor Vehicle and Background check and hold a valid driver license.
Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and equipment.
- Experience working with residential construction plans/drawings.
- Strong management and communication skills. Must exhibit strong leadership qualities.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to coach and train crew members.
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisors.
- Ability to safely use basic hand and power tools.
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Must be alert to surroundings; position requires high degree of situational awareness
- Ability to effectively manage time and personnel.
- Ability to bend, lift, twist, squat, kneel, climb ladders/stairs, and move repetitively while working with power tools.
- Ability to work outside, in all weather conditions, frequent walking, standing, bending, and reaching.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to comply with all company safety requirements.
For more information please call 480-640-2430.